Wednesday, June 13, 2012

AJ's 2012 CC Empowerment Story

Check out AJ's CrossFit Central Empowerment Story and his experience with Fuel-21. After 10 surgeries to regain his eyesight, AJ finally found way to control his blood sugars through Fuel-21 and CrossFit.

 
2012 Empowerment Stories: AJ from CrossFit Central on Vimeo. "




After much more consideration, I joined Crystal Nelson’s Fuel 21 program.  I decided that I was going to give this Paleo thing an honest attempt for 21 days and see what happened.  On day one, I honestly thought I had made a mistake when Crystal told me I had to give up grains, dairy, processed sugar, legumes, and most importantly, diet coke.  Diet Coke was my one vice at that point and I’d have rather given up women than diet coke.

Four days into eating strictly Paleo, my insulin intake was cut from 6 units per meal to 2 units per meal.  That is 1/6 of what I had been taking before every meal for the last 18 years of my life.  Two months after finishing Fuel 21, I had my A1C drawn again and it was a 6.0, which for diabetics nearly impossible to achieve.  My doctors were stunned with my results.
My little brother is a diabetic too, though he developed it much later in life and has been over weight for years.  I find myself worrying about him all the time; afraid he is going to make the same mistakes I did and suffer the same problems too.  So I made a deal with him to try the Paleo diet for 3 months and see what happens.  As a result, my mom decided to try it too as a way to support her children.  After 3 months, my little brother lost about 20 pounds and had better control of his diabetes than ever before.  My mom, who is in her mid-sixties, and exercises sparing because of her rheumatoid arthritis, is at the lowest weight she has been in 20 years!  Her arthritis is becoming much more manageable.  In addition to that, my older brother, who is a doctor of genetics and can be skeptical of “diets” decided he would try to eat Paleo as well.  He too has now lost over 20 pounds and is loving a lifestyle that he thought would be too difficult for him to sustain based on the way he used to enjoy eating."   READ MORE HERE!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment